A FAFSA (Free Application Federal Student Aid) workshop will be held on Tuesday, November 15, from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. on the Potomac State College campus in Academy Hall Rooms 309 and 310. Computers will be available, and financial aid staff will be there to help attendees complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA on line.
Participants will need to bring with them the following information to complete the FAFSA:
* FSA ID for both the student and one parent if the student is required to provide parental information so the FAFSA can be signed on line when it is completed
* Social Security number for the student and the student’s parents if required to provide parental information
* Driver’s license if the student has one
* The 2015 federal tax information or tax returns, including IRS W-2 forms, for the student and spouse if the student is married or for the student’s parents if required to provide parental information.
* Information on savings, investments, businesses, and farm assets for the student and parents if required to provide parental information
To obtain an FSA ID before coming to the workshop, log in to http://www.fsaid.ed.gov and create an FSA ID for the student and one parent if the student is required to provide parental information. Be certain to use only the information for the person applying for the FSA ID, including a separate e-mail for each person.
Since it may take up to three days for the Social Security Administration to verify the information provided in the FSA ID application, it is advisable to create the FSA ID the week before the workshop.
For additional information, contact Enrollment Services at Potomac State College at 304-788-6820 or at psc-FinAid@mail.wvu.edu.