Hunting and Fishing Information for Out-of-State College Students


This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Any full-time, out-of-state college students may apply for a fishing or hunting license as a resident of West Virginia. Students will pay in-state fees and will be entitled to state resident privileges. Licenses can be purchased at Keyser Walmart, Knobley Farms Sports Shop located on Rt. 50 or the Mineral County Clerk’s office. Students may also purchase licenses online at For more information, contact the Hunting and Fishing License Unit at 304-558-2758.

For a full listing of great fishing spots, check out